Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

No child of mine...

I know we're all a bit biased in favor of Sony 'round here, but for some reason the stepson is wanting an Xbox One. He said it was to play Destiny 2 with our scumbag neighbor kid. 

A guy at work recently offered his day 1 Xbox One, with a few games, for $150. 

What is everyone's opinion on this?  Seems like a pretty good price, even for a turd system like that. I haven't really heard of too many hardware issues with this gen, but I also haven't been paying too much attention either. 

Decent price, my kid had one, I sold it, the XB1 hated our wi-fi for some reason though and we had to tinker with port forwarding and voodoo in the extended router settings.

• Thanks 1

I've had more issues with my PS4's over the years than my Xbox mates have with their systems. That price seems great.

• Thanks 1

I've had great luck with my PS4, but I guess it helps that it only gets used to watch blurays... and that's almost never considering most of my movies come with ultraviolet digital copies that I watch on my Roku. 

That's what has gone wrong each time on my PS4, I've had two that have stopped recognising blurays, the weird thing is that both times they broke, they still read the game disks which are still blurays but wouldn't read movies. I did use a bluray lens cleaner disk with the little brushes on the disk on the first one though, and was later told you shouldn't use them on the front loading players that the PS4 has. :$

Well, I can understand needing to use something since I heard the air in Essex is at least 50% hairspray.  :P

• Haha 1

I guess you heard aboot my Xbox news by now. For those that missed it, it involved some Taco Bell, a little bit of luck and a lot of diarrhea. If you don't mind spending an extra $100 you can get a new Xbox One S and 1-2 new games for $250 from Microsoft/Best Buy/Target.....or wait for Irma to pass and loot one like a proud American.

Edited by MURFEGGS
  • Like 1

So I bought the xbox one.  Now I have 3 months to toy with it before it becomes a Christmas present.  I wanted a used copy of one of the Forza games, but they didn't have any in stock at gamestop... so I picked up a used copy of Project Cars for $15 instead.

I already have @MURFEGGS on the friend-list... any of the other 3 people on here have an xbox?

• Haha 1

Nope :P.

Is Project Cars any good ? I was feeling the need recently for some driving action, but I hear there's a new Gran Turismo coming in October, but from past experiences with that series it'll probably be released October 2025.

I finally got around to putting in the disk & installing it yesterday.  I only got a chance to go around the track a few times in practice mode in Dubai using the trusty R8.  I got to know a few walls pretty well.  Looks pretty enough and the control scheme didn't have to be changed.  I can't seem to find the boost button though...

On 10/3/2017 at 3:18 PM, Prophet said:

I finally got around to putting in the disk & installing it yesterday.  I only got a chance to go around the track a few times in practice mode in Dubai using the trusty R8.  I got to know a few walls pretty well.  Looks pretty enough and the control scheme didn't have to be changed.  I can't seem to find the boost button though...

Project Cars was a "Free" game for Xbox's version of PS+. I never made it passed the go karting. :/

7 hours ago, Fuzzypaws said:

I thought Murf traded in his Xbone for a Switch, which will be traded in for a mini SNES when supply is good enough.

Quiet you!:P

Edited by MURFEGGS
grammar

There's a real lack of driving games for PS4, wipeout is just too fucking insane online. There's an NFS on the way, the last one was okay'ish apart from those cut scenes.

Sign in to follow this